privacy & cookies
Lake George Expedition Park is operated by Lake George Dinosaur Partners LLC. The business is committed to maintaining the confidence and trust of visitors to our website. We understand that online privacy is an important factor for users of our website, especially when purchasing tickets, gift cards or any other services that may be transacted at any time. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users of the Site (“Visitors”) who visit without making a transaction and Visitors who register to purchase tickets and services via the website (“Customers”) and make use of the various services offered by the Lake George Expedition Park website. It also covers other interactions that may take place either prior to or during your visit.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to ensuring we meet our obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Types of Data we collect:
For further information, please see our Cookies Policy.
You will be entered on to our mailing list if you have “opted in” at the time of purchasing tickets via our website, signing up to receive our newsletter or by any other express means of agreeing to be entered onto our mailing list. As part of our “opt in” process we will collect certain aspects of personal information. We use such information for the following reasons: to advise you about specific items/subjects you have requested us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to periodically check that you’re happy and satisfied with the service received. We will not, under any circumstances trade or sell contact lists with other organizations or businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, which is synchronized with our main database to deliver our email newsletters and any other information we deem suitable. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to assist us in monitoring and improving our e-newsletter and associated mailings. For more information, please refer to MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe from newsletters or mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletters or email communications or by emailing us at [email protected]
When someone visits www.lakegeorgeexpeditionpark.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this in order to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone individually. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
What Personal Data do we Collect?:
- Identity Data: Includes title, first name, last name, and username.
- Contact Data: May include billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. This will vary dependent on the type of booking being made and how this is executed.
- Transaction Data: Includes details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: Includes your internet protocol (IP) address. We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage. Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: Includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Where do we collect your Data?:
We may collect and process personal data from you as follows:
- Directly from yourself when you interact with us in the following ways:
- Use our website
- You send us correspondence by email, letter or telephone. This includes data gained via:
- CCTV. We operate a number of CCTV cameras across the Park for operational and security purposes.
- Any Personal Data that may be relayed via a telephone exchange, message or voicemail.
- You make use of our First Aid facilities whilst at the Park or register for our Queue Assist Scheme.
- Any miscellaneous transactions that may take place from time to time i.e. hiring a wheel chair, strollers etc.
Children under the age of 13:
We do not intentionally intend to collect information from and market to children under the age of 13 years of age. Children under the age of 13 years will not be able to participate in competitions nor sign up to receive marketing communications from us. If you sign up to receive marketing materials from us we will proceed on the basis that you are over 13.
How do we use your Personal Data:
We will use your data in the following ways:
- To meet our contractual obligations to you when you purchase tickets either online or at the Park. This includes communicating with you about your purchase both before and after your visit.
- To update you on any products or events you have expressed an interest in.
- To send a questionnaire after your visit to determine how this was enjoyed.
- To respond to any correspondence you send to us.
- The use of contact and identity data should you choose to enter into and competitions or prize draws.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regularity requirement.
We will only send you marketing communications i.e. Newsletters with your consent, requested at the point of you providing your data and based on your preferences and interests. You may update your preferences or unsubscribe by following the links on any marketing communication sent to you or by emailing [email protected] at any time.
Who we share your data with and why:
Please be assured that we will never sell your data to third party organizations. However, we do partner with a number of companies that are required to support certain functions where we may need to share your personal data with these third parties in relation to fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. We have specific agreements with these companies with regards to them fulfilling their obligations with respect to maintain the security of the data they hold and ensuring they comply with the relevant Data Protection Regulations.
How do we protect this information?:
We take all reasonable precautions to attempt to ensure our website and IT systems are as secure as possible and using the latest technology available. Our website has a current SSL certification.
Links to other Website:
How long do we hold your data?
For online transactions we will retain your personal data for the current year +6 years after the last inaction with your account. We will only retain any other personal data for as long as necessary to fulfi;l the purposes we collected it for including the satisfying of any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Under the data protection laws, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of them in relation to the personal data we hold about you, please contact [email protected]
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: where relevant you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing: including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- Right to withdraw consent.
Concerns and Complaints:
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding our data processing approach in relation to your own personal data, please contact [email protected] in the first instance. Your communication will be acknowledged and then responded to within 1 month. You can also write to:
Lake George Dinosaur Partners LLC
PO Box 392
Lake George, NY 12845
Changes to this Privacy Notice:
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on Dec 1, 2018. We may revise this policy at any time.
In order to make full use and access all of the features and functionality of our website your computer or device will need to accept cookies.
The cookies stored do not hold any sensitive information about yourself such as your name, address or payment details. If you would prefer to block, restrict or delete cookies from us or any other website, you are able to do so by using your browser settings to do this. Click "help" in your browser for further information.
Below is a list of the main cookies we use and what we use them for.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose||How the Cookie Helps You|
|Session cookies||These are used to keep session data when you visit different pages on the website & checkout process, such as the shopping basket contents and your user login ID.||Items that you have added to your basket and your login ID will be remembered so you do not have to re-enter information over and over again.|
|Google Analytics cookies||These enable the function of Google Analytics. This software helps us to analyse anonymous information such as visitor numbers, page use, browser specifications and response to marketing activity.||We can improve the design of the website to help you find the information that you are looking for more easily.|
|YouTube cookies||This enables YouTube videos to be viewed and collects information such as the number of times a video is viewed.||Allows you to view video content on our website.|
|DoubleClick||A test cookie under the doubleclick.net domain is created for some pages that call a Google advertising service for analytics.||We do not display adverts on our website, however if we do decide to it will help show relevant adverts that you may be interested in.|
|A custom audience and Facebook conversion pixel.||Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Facebook and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.|
|A custom audience and Twitter conversion pixel.||Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Twitter and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.|
|Google Remarketing||Google code specifically for remarketing/retargeting based advertising.||Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Google's Advertising Network and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.|
|Adroll||Adroll code specifically for remarketing/retargeting based advertising.||Allows us to reach and deliver the right message to you on Adroll's Advertising Network and understand if this has helped you make a purchase.|
|Ve||Ve collects browsing behavior information to improve the online process.||Ve Interactive - for tickets purchased online, we do have third party cookies set up to collect browsing behavior information to improve the online process. By using myonlinebooking.co.uk you acknowledge that we may store and access cookies on your computer or other device as well as capture contact information for remarketing purposes but this will not be entered into any marketing databases. See their cookies statement.|